[Amps] MLA-2500

Roland AH6RR Toesonnose at hawaii.rr.com
Tue May 19 13:25:20 PDT 2009

I have a problem with my Dentron MLA-2500 I think it is the transformer. I have rebuilt the HV section with all new parts and it has 2250V until I put tubes in then it eats one of the 20ohm resistors in the softstart board every time it does not mater if the tubes are new or good used ones. I do not understand this as it should be no load on the HV until I apply a signal but this happens as soon as I turn on the amp. Any suggestions of where to look next and why is it only on one leg of the primary that seems to have a hevy surge that eats the resistor in the softstart board only when the tubes are in because it will go for hours with out the tubes in. Help I am pulling my hair out. I did a continuity check on the transformer and there is no shorts anywhere both primarys have the same reading.
Thanks
Roland AH6RR