[Amps] HV switch-mode power supply

Bob Nielsen n7xy at clearwire.net
Sat May 23 08:22:36 PDT 2009

On May 22, 2009, at 9:05 PM, Bill, W6WRT wrote:

> [...]

I have lived in WA for 9 years and our power isn't all hydro (we were
effected by Enron also).   On my latest bill, it was $0.085/kWh for
the first 600 kWh and $0.10/kWh after that.

While our electrical usage isn't very high in the summer, we make up
for it during the winter.  My house has baseboard heat and the usage
hit 140 kWh/day in December.  My total over the year is probably
slightly higher than it was when I lived in AZ or CA (and I had A/C
in both places), but I don't have any natural gas bills to worry
about (we have a propane range in the kitchen, but a tank fill lasts
nearly three years).  The biggest electrical issue here is the
frequent outages during storms (it's no fun being without heat or
water for several days).

To get the discussion back on topic, I can't fire up my amp then either!

73, Bob N7XY