[Amps] HV switch-mode power supply

ToddRoberts2001 at aol.com ToddRoberts2001 at aol.com
Sat May 23 10:28:33 PDT 2009

In a message dated 5/23/2009 1:10:24 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
dezrat1242 at yahoo.com writes:

That is impressive, but IMO, it needs to be done by the utilities,  not
by each homeowner. Barring some technological breakthrough, they  have
an economy of scale that we individuals can not match at present.

Remember though that no matter how efficient the power generator is
at the utility, there is typically a 50% power loss from generator to home
user
from the power having to go through miles and miles of power lines and
step-up step-down transformers, lossy insulators etc, along the  way.

Having your power source right at home gives you a 50% advantage of  economy
right from the start. Saves a lot of copper too. We need copper for
antennas, not
power lines.

73 Todd WD4NGG
**************Recession-proof vacation ideas.  Find free things to do in