[Amps] HV switch-mode power supply

Colin Lamb k7fm at teleport.com
Sat May 23 22:11:43 PDT 2009

The solar generation system for homeowners still is not very efficient when it comes to installation.  In my case, I installed a new roof, then covered much of it with solar panels.  That is a waste of materials and money.  Ideally, the solar panels could replace the roof, which could reduce installation costs.  I understand one company now makes solar shingles, although my concern would be all the connections waiting to fail.  But, large interlocking panels could allow the homeowner to install the panels on south facing roofs, when replacing.

My panels put out a couple hundred volts, when then goes to an inverter.  Heck, we could power the inverter directly from the solar panels, then when the sun comes out, fire up the big amp.

73,  Colin  K7FM