[Amps] TL922 Power Plugs

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 3 20:04:29 PST 2009

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Tue, 3 Nov 2009 21:49:13 -0500, "Carl" <km1h at jeremy.mv.com> wrote:

>The danger is some big hungry rat or an evil person will remove your neutral
>wire which will return you to the dark days of a 2 wire non polarized
>outlets and plugs. Just think, you may only have a one wire system then and
>will have to carefully reach around until your hand finds the missing path.
>How some of us survived to talk about them confounds the rules makers.

REPLY:

That wasn't my question. Please forgive me if I wasn't clear enough.

My question was this:  I understand why it is necessary to bond ground and
neutral together at the service box, but I don't understand why it is forbidden
to bond them together at the appliance.

There must be a scenario which causes danger but I just can't imagine what it
is.

73, Bill W6WRT