[Amps] PSU design question

Roger sub1 at rogerhalstead.com
Sat Nov 7 12:20:48 PST 2009

Carl wrote:
> Getting 6M type acceptance is expensive and Steve doesnt sell that
> many anyway to justify.

What do they do, send them to a certified and independent lab that runs
the tests with calibrated equipment? That should only run a few thousand
dollars so it must be something more than just intermod and harmonics
they look at and probably over a very wide spectrum.

Back in the old days (BC) I did a wide range of instrument calibrations
an took part in a couple of "round robin" groups in developing
resistivity standards.  They had me doing everything from field strength
measurements from 100KHz through about 10 MHz, to lifetime standards for
single crystal Silicon.

73

Roger (K8RI)