[Amps] Speaking of B-

MIKE DURKIN patriot121 at msn.com
Sun Nov 8 15:14:11 PST 2009

I been pondering a minor problem. After getting my Yokagawa HL-2K clone up and running the amp meter reads slightly over 200ma when Tx'ing slightly over 1KW. This seems about 1/4 of what it should show. MY thoughts are that i some how ruined the Mangian wire when i removed it from the B- of the power supply to work on the B+ Cap bank. Would un/soldering the leed make that much of a difference in Plate current metering??
Now granted the amp is still upside down and gravity might be also making a difference in readings - Has any one actually taken note of Plate current readings (id assume that you were working on it) upside down and right side up ?? (odd question huh)

KC7NOA