[Amps] Stripline design

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Mon Nov 16 09:44:23 PST 2009

I based mine on the Eimac design which morphed into the W6PO. I used
flappers and aluminum discs for tuning on 4CX250/8122 copper tubing amps in
the past for 2M and never had perfect tuning stability. With the vacuum
variable (which adds its own minimum C that shortens the lines) there are no
hot spots or tuning drift which is hard to attain with some other designs.

The upper part anode chamber fits a 17" wide chassis with lots of room at
the rear for a 30A fil xfmr, bias supply. Nothing is cramped and could
easily be a table top amp of  less width. I elected for rack mounting which
has other bands and a common PS for the amps.

Carl
KM1H