[Amps] QRO Parts sources

Charles Harpole k4vud at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 23 22:23:22 PST 2009

If u have hrd of Radio Row , now removed famous NYC radio parts buying district, it is now replaced by Bangkok's Bhan Mhor district.... about 5 sq blocks of nothing but parts, assembled things, 2m HTs, stereos, and, did I mention, PARTS.  I have found EVERYTHING I ever needed to support my ham radio habit there, except trimmer caps, .... but if you pass thru BKK, take a taxi there and blow your radio parts mind...      (tubes, too).  How about a right angle "N" coax plug?  Every coaxial power plug ever dreamed of?  RG-213 in 1000 foot rolls?  Four grades of RG-58 ?  A wall of bins of caps. and another of chips?  300 watt 220volt soldering guns?  And there is a McDonalds on one corner... walk into the district from there.
BTW, on card tables, they wind transformers and solder the innards of sick TVs right on the sidewalk... something to see!
In Orlando, Florida, try Sky Craft near the I-4 highway, which ...in one store... has every Jones plug ever made and mass heaps of many of the things we love to see, handle, and own.... many to put aside for later, but to own is good.

Charles Harpole HS0ZCW

k4vud at hotmail.com