[Amps] SB-200/ SB-220, HL-1000 etc

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Mon Nov 30 13:28:45 PST 2009

No SB-220 kit was shipped with a 3-400Z. The original tubes were Eimac
graphite 3-500Z's

Many HL-2200's were purchased at the various Heathkit stores with 10M once
the buyer showed his license. I moonlighted building many for 2 of those
stores. These were mostly built on "spec" in advance of sales. Customers
could also order a HL-2200 kit with the 10M components from the stores.

The SB-1000 was the single 3-500 amp. It was built by Ameritron as a
slightly cheapened version of the original AL-80. Ameritron still has some
replacement parts.

Carl
KM1H