[Amps] SB-220: 1,800 Watts Output

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Mon Nov 30 13:41:06 PST 2009

Hams liking to beat tubes hard and enjoying creating splatter
notwithstanding the SB-1000 should follow Eimac spec for long life.

The tube is rated at 65W drive, round that off to 75W for losses.  Grid
current should be 125-150ma and plate current 400ma maximum key down.
Depending upon the key down plate voltage that should result in 700-800W
out.

While the tube will absorb 100W of drive the stress isnt worth another 200W
and the reduced IMD on SSB.

I bought a LK-500ZC in 1987 and run it at 1200W out and the original 3-500Z
tubes still show full power even on 10M even after years of world class
contesting back thru the mid 90's

Carl
KM1H