[Amps] Henry 2K-2

Mike McCarthy, W1NR lists at w1nr.net
Thu Oct 8 17:44:24 PDT 2009

Robert Perdue wrote:
> Looking for some input on using 3-500Z in the 2k-2 as opposed to the 4-400's
> The 400's were zero bias and I have heard of folks just putting in the 3-500
> without any mods. Any thoughts?
>

> Bob

Are you sure they are 4-400's? My 2K (early model with no "dash")
originally came with 3-400's.

In any case, 3-400 to 3-500 requires new chimneys and a little extension
to the parasitic chokes to make them fit. 4-400's are even taller, so if
it has those, you probably can just drop in the 3-500's. I don't recall
when they started shipping them with 3-500's. 4-400's used to be had
real cheap as pulls, but are getting scarce. The previous owner may have
gotten some low cost broadcast pulls and dropped them in.

Mike, W1NR