[Amps] How high can I go with this amp?

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Sat Oct 10 08:22:33 PDT 2009

Real world efficiency in class B is 60-65%, and 70-75% in Class C. You wont
be able to tell the difference between a Q of 10 to 14 with properly sized
components in the tank and wiring.

You are right in the middle so why bother for no real improvement.

Use a small fan if the heat bothers you plus it is a good idea anyway. The
graphite plate version of the 813 is highly
underated for Pd. My tests show it is more around 200W when comparing with a
USA made Cetron 572B.

With CW having a 50% or less duty cycle you havent come close to stressing
those tubes.

Carl
KM1H