[Amps] Autek Research WM-1 wattmeter

Jeff Carter amps at hidden-valley.com
Sat Oct 10 17:11:56 PDT 2009

I am very glad that I am not the only one!

I'm not sure what happened, there, if the guy I talked to is the
designer and just has bad customer service skills, or if somebody
bought the rights to all that old stuff and runs it as a sideline.

I heard somebody on the air on 80m not too long ago say something to
the effect that "hams are weirdos" and I know we've got a few.  Giving
the Autek guy the benefit of the doubt, maybe he got one too many of
the Tinfoil Hat Brigade or something and decided we were all
worthless.

I should probably make an effort to get on the air more, but I never
cared too much for operating, I like to build and repair things.  It's
a shame I couldn't get service literature for this RF-5, I'd like to
have it working again.

Jeff/KD4RBG