[Amps] Eimac tube on the 'bay

Gary Schafer garyschafer at comcast.net
Mon Oct 12 21:15:01 PDT 2009

Hi Alek,

I also have one of the TMC IPA units that I took out the driver stages and
ran a 8295A with a grid resistor for the input. I used a 100 ohm resistor in
order to be able to drive the 8295 to full power.  Had that for many years.
Recently took that tube and socket out and put in one of the 4CX1000A
sockets that I got from you to test some tubes I had laying around.

Now converting that amp to an 8877 GG. I thought about a GS35 but it is a
little tall for the TMC chassis.

Also going to put together a YC156 amp after this one is going.

73
Gary  K4FMX