[Amps] Ts-940s linear relay

k9mk at flash.net k9mk at flash.net
Tue Oct 20 08:30:49 PDT 2009

   Deja vous!   I repaired a guys amp relay TS-940S just last Sunday.  In this unit the amp relay was made by Omron and looks like it should be good for up to an amp.  The relay was actually fine, but was loosing its ability to pull in hard and make consistent contact.  When the relay would not key the amp, tapping the relay fixed it and the amp keyed.  So we dropped in a DPDT replacement and all was well.

   On a side note, the keying line relay driver is interlocked with the 7 pin DIN plug.  Also, there is no ground pin at that plug.  The amp ground return must go to the DIN barrel connector itself.

73
Mike K9MK

-------------- Original message from "Carl" <km1h at jeremy.mv.com>: --------------