[Amps] Yokogawa P9306ul

MIKE DURKIN patriot121 at msn.com
Thu Oct 22 22:02:14 PDT 2009

Ok , new update from me about this Yokogawa P9306ul clone of a Tokyo HyPower HL-2K.
    After waiting for what seemed forever the heater voltage dropping resistors arrived and have been installed. I used 8 .133 at 5W non-inductive resistors. 2 sets of four in series/parallel and now my voltage at the tube pins is 10V AC on the dot!!!!

While i was waiting i also added some Door Knob 500pf at 10KV to the amp ( and ill say that it was a verry tight fit) and ill be seeing if output on 40/80/160 jumps to atleast 1KW.

If i was going to do it again i would skip 4 of the 500pF caps thats shown in the HL-2K schematic and get some 1000pF caps just to save some space and headaches !!!!

KC7NOA