[Amps] 3CX800 and blower

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Tue Sep 8 04:08:33 PDT 2009

 >         Does anyone have any idea how this might relate
 >to air exhaust temperature?

W6WRT REPLY:

 >No doubt there is a ratio, but it depends on how much air contacts the tube
seals vs how much contacts the rest of the tube, especially the anode. Every
physical layout is going to have a different answer.

 >Once you determine the ratio, monitoring the exhaust temp alone
should be good
enough.

         FYI I've learned the following about the ACOM 2000:

1.  Metering for temp range is 10-150C.
2.  Higher speed fan automatically starts at 90C.
3.  LCD HI TEMP warning turns on at 130C.
4.  Amp shuts down at 150C.

                                         73,  Bill  W4ZV