[Amps] FW: 3-500Z heater voltage reduction

MIKE DURKIN patriot121 at msn.com
Tue Sep 15 14:55:36 PDT 2009

Update - kinda - If any one dosent know im modding a Yokagawa GE medical amp into ham service ... I added 800V of capacitance to the HV instead of using dropping resistors (still dont know the actual HV is yet but ill get to it)
I let it go at 5.9V per tube and was doing some testing .... I was getting 900W on 14.300 when it started to ark over .... reduced power and still doing it... shut er down at that moment ...
I thought i had blown a relay ... but

I had actually killed my FAVORITE dummy load ... weighed over 3Lbs of aluminum with a "N" connector on it. Now the thing measures 150K !!!! ( INSERT SWEAR WORD HERE )   he he and a hi hi !!!
Guess the amp is working .. still need to find some 500Pf at 2-5KV disks for the loading for other bands ...
KC7NOA