[Amps] Automotive Relays

Larry Benko xxw0qe at comcast.net
Tue Aug 3 14:33:48 PDT 2010

Another vote would be for the Schrack/Tyco RTD14012F relay.  It is 16A
and sells for only a little more than the relay Dave mentioned as a P&B
branded relay.  It is also available in an orange shell without the UL
class F insulation Schrack brand (we don't need UL class F) for less
than the relay Dave mentioned.  The open contact breakdown voltage is
spec'd at 1000Vrms but I have measured it as more like 1500vrms and the
coil to contact breakdown is spec'd at 5000Vrms which I have verified.
Digikey sells all 3 of these relays but generally for relays I have
found Allied is usually cheaper than Digikey or Mouser.

Just my. $0.02

Larry, W0QE