[Amps] Comparison of PCB-mount RF relays

Jeff Blaine keepwalking188 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 6 23:36:29 PDT 2010

Jim,

Excellent work.

If you don't mind me saying - I'm having a tough time following the
conclusion that the 16A version is necessarily a lesser capable unit than
the 12A version.

The external pin spacing of the 12A is wider.  However, the minimum spacing
point would be the gap inside the relay between contacts - and not the
external pins - if we are considering the case of an arcing failure mode.

I believe the 16A internal construction is the same as the 12A, albeit with
the addition of one pin off each of the parallel contact basing plates.  Of
course the way to test this would be to get one of each and hi-pot the
beasts to know...

Appreciate your comments.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com