[Amps] PCB test for the 12A & 16A power relays

George Cutsogeorge george.w2vjn at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 15:32:08 PDT 2010

It's been many years since I ran the pc board heating tests to design the
Top Ten relay boxes, but I do remember the results.  My first design used
the 50 ohm strip line values for FR4 board.  Testing at 2KW and 29 MHz
severely overheated the board.  If I find the data in an old notebook, I'll
post the details.  Removing the ground plane from under the conductor
eliminated the problem.  This did not alter the internal VSWR too much.

I chose the 10 A relays because of the pin spacing being greater than the 16
A relays.  We have sold many thousands and these relays don't come back.

George, W2VJN