[Amps] 833A 160 meter amp

Ron Youvan ka4inm at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Aug 12 14:36:04 PDT 2010

> Has anyone got an idea of why the filament plate capacitance is higher than the Grid Plate in the 833A specs? does not make sense.

   I always thought it was because the grid is closer to the cathode than the plate (even though the
cathode has much smaller area than the plate) and because the plate is very far from the grid to
tolerate and use a much higher plate Voltage.  (these also make the gain lower)
--
    Ron  KA4INM - rule of thumb:
                  If it's winders it needs rebooted weekly and will always benefit from more memory!