[Amps] 833A 160 meter amp Phase 2 fit-up

Gary Schafer garyschafer at comcast.net
Thu Aug 12 19:30:56 PDT 2010

I haven't played with an 833 but from what I remember reading in some of the
old articles on them, they don't work well in GG or passive grid driven. In
GG I think that they are not stable. Passive grid requires too high a value
of grid resistor and stability goes west. I think that the best way to run
them is grid driven and neutralized. And the neutralization can't be the
simple bridge type either. You need a full push pull (double ended) plate or
grid circuit to neutralize them.
All from long ago memory.

73
Gary  K4FMX