[Amps] Initial test of 813 amplifier

Vic K2VCO vic at rakefet.com
Sun Aug 15 07:34:36 PDT 2010

Yes, there are VHF suppressors.

I am thinking that the neutralization was upset because I adjusted it before I installed
the plate transformer, which is not that far from the neutralizing capacitor. This,
combined with the large amount of feedback caused by the missing shielding may be the
reason. Grid-driven tetrodes have a lot of gain!

I think I'm going to finish up the shielding, readjust the neutralization with it in
place, and try it again.

I really don't like arcing because I'm afraid it might damage the capacitor or the vacuum
relay on the output, etc.

--
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA