[Amps] 833A capacitance

Fuqua, Bill L wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Sun Aug 15 10:20:41 PDT 2010

    You see, the grid in the 833A just as any other triode should be a Faraday shield between the plate and cathode. If you ground it you should have a lot of capacitance from plate to the grid and a lot from cathode to grid but little from the cathode to plate. Either the measurements were made with it floating , or there are other substantial electric field paths between the plate and cathode.
    I would go and measure one now but I just got home from the hospital with a total hip replacement and can't go up and down the stairs to the basement.

73
Bill