[Amps] Glass tube plate color

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Sun Aug 15 13:10:02 PDT 2010

You are correct Barrie, the VT-127A was aka the 100TS for "Special" in
house. Eimac has been mixing up standard parts almost as long as they have
been in business. The original 150T was a pair of 75T's in one envelope
which morphed to the 152T and later with four into the famous 304 twins.

These days hams use the YC-156 which is a 3CX15000B7 internals with a
3CX5000 anode.

A good friend of my dad was a ham who ran a pair of VT-127A's on 20M CW only
using a pole pig in the 50's. Just keying on CW the plates were almost white
so Im rather sure he wasnt strictly adhering to the 1000W input
rule....typical open rack construction. With some air you could probably run
them safely at or close to 250T specs.

Carl
KM1H