[Amps] triode or tetrode

Edward Swynar gswynar at durham.net
Fri Aug 27 15:22:16 PDT 2010

Hi Guys,

When building an amplifier---or ANY HB project, for that matter!---I always
strive (where possible) to leave extra room here & there, both on the
chassis top & the front panel, for "...future consideration." Hi Hi

And such future consideration DOES happen, too, despite the best laid plans
of mice, men, & radio amateurs.

Your best hope--short of building an entirely new stand-alone project---is
to incorporate changes & mods into your existing design. Only when there's
no more room, or it gets impractical, should you feel compelled to start
anew...

And I guess I'm talking the talk, AND walking it, too, because I've built
three amplifiers already---and re-built each of those several times (and
yes, I'm always thinking about "...amplifier #4" here, too!).

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ