[Amps] GI-7BT Amplifier Thoughts

Jeff Blaine keepwalking188 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 27 15:22:39 PDT 2010

The GI7B is a great tube.  350W plate disipation per hole.  I use it for
RTTY contesting and have exploded the amp in various ways many times but the
tubes just keep on ticking.  1000-1200W out depending on band but thats with
some pretty serious work on the anode coolers...

If you want more power, go with the GS35B instead.  It's by far the easier
solution and with a true 1500w plate dis, it will push out whatever power
you want as long as you have enough power supply to back it up.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com