[Amps] Why do tubes cost so much?

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Mon Aug 30 06:04:50 PDT 2010

I read somewhere (years ago so dont quote me) that tubes with extremely
close grids such as the 3CX800 and 1500 have yields around 20%. You would
think that after all these years companies would have better technology
available to assemble.

Setup times should be controlled also, I just suspect that Eimac doesnt care
since they still have the bulk of the market that will pay whatever it
costs.

Carl
KM1H