[Amps] Trying to locate amplifier

Glen Zook gzook at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 7 08:13:38 PST 2010

Those amplifiers used 2 of the 8560A which is basically a conduction cooled 4CX250B.  The lowband versions were rated at 330 watts output and the highband versions were rated usually at 250 watts output although a few were rated at 300 watts output.  There were a relatively few amplifiers made with a single 8560A.  The amplifiers had huge heat sinks and most did not have a fan/blower.  The tubes were mounted to ceramic blocks which were then mounted to the heat sink.

If I remember correctly, those were in the highband MPB and MPY stations (i.e. B93MMPB-3100A) and in the lowband LPB stations (i.e. B91LPB-3100A).

The MPY repeater version was very popular with mobile telephone and RCC operations.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com