[Amps] Derating loads

pfizenmayer pfizenmayer at q.com
Wed Dec 8 15:34:33 PST 2010

Can't speak for dry Bird loads - but I know for a fact that one of the Bird
50 KW water cooled loads will take 50KW carrier but will NOT take 50KW 100
percent modulated even sine wave instead of clipped trapezoidal . I blew one
at a customer acceptance site and was accused of having spurious
oscillations  - A call to Bird confirmed it would not take the 100 percent
AM .

YMMV -- Hank K7HP