[Amps] Henry 3KD Classic Question

Gary Harmon - K5JWK k5jwkgary at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 19:17:47 PST 2010

I just repaired one of these amps and I have a question.  The input circuit
had a mod that was penciled in on the schematic.  There were 8ea .01 disc
caps divided by 2 and soldered between each of the cathode leads and the
input from the band switch.   The note on the schematic showed them soldered
from the cathode leads to ground.  I removed the caps initially for repair.
The amp seems to be working fine.  Should I put the caps back in and if so,
do they go between the cathodes and ground or the cathodes and the input?

I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Vr,

Gary H. Harmon, Jr. - K5JWK

6003 Archwood

San Antonio, TX 78239-1504

210.657.1549h / 210.884.6926c

"Retirement means every day is a Saturday except Sunday"