[Amps] 4 X 4-400C or 4 X 3-500Z HF amplifier

Bill Fuqua wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Wed Dec 15 07:58:26 PST 2010

The 5CX1500A uses a socket very similar to a 4CX1500.
You only need to arrange to ground the suppressor grid ring.
Compare the detailed drawing of the two tubes.
I have some amplifier cabinets for 5CX1500 tubes but I'd rather not
remove the sockets.  These are 13.56 MHz plasma generators.

73
Bill wa4lav