[Amps] 5CX1500 socket ( changed subject )

DAVE WHITE mausoptik at btinternet.com
Wed Dec 15 13:42:11 PST 2010

My memory may fail me here (RF damage, perhaps) but I seem to remember Bob G4UJS tried building an amp with a 5CX1500 some years ago, but had problems with stability.  I'm not sure if he ever got to the bottom of the issues.

Not sure if this is any help but it may be worth chasing up before spending big bucks on tubes/sockets.

cheers

Dave G0OIL