[Amps] Slightly off topic, refurbishing panels on older equipment

Colin Lamb k7fm at teleport.com
Mon Dec 20 08:32:35 PST 2010

" When I went to wipe it down using a cotton cloth rag spritzed with windex, some of the letters on the front panel partially disolved."

Windex is a killer or radio dials.  I have heard numerous sad tales of someone using Windex to clean off radio dials and been surprised when the lettering disappeared.  Windex is for windows - not dials.

It is especially bad for cleaning off the glass dials with scales n them.  A quick swipe and suddenly you have clear glass.  Another friend used Windex to clean the tubes in his HRO-50.  He called me to help him figure out where the tubes went.

NO WINDEX!

73,  Colin  K7FM