[Amps] wires through center of coax

Fuqua, Bill L wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Mon Dec 20 23:17:11 PST 2010

I believe in your case the RF potential between the wire and the inside of the inner conductor are the same at the entrance.
This is fine. Earlier I said that would be a condition that would work. We   1/4 wave chokes in in our Mobley buncher amplifier years ago.
They were a bit long since it operated at 20MHz our newer post acceleration Klystron buncher operates at 90 MHz is a bit more conventional in design.
Basically a 12kW FM transmitter syncronized to our beam pulse.  Must be fun to work with MegaWatts of RF.   I can see that it may
get exciting at times. We work at much lower energy.

73
Bill wa4lav