[Amps] TenTec Centurion - 422 tuning question

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Dec 23 08:43:32 PST 2010

On 12/23/2010 8:31 AM, Lee Buller wrote:
> How about calling Ten Tec to see if they have a fix or a mod or information about this

That's a good move.

I also strongly suggest proceeding on the assumption that the amp works
as designed, and that something is BROKEN.  In addition to Carl's
suggestion, I'd also look for a problem with one of the existing fixed
capacitors that are switched into the circuit in parallel with the
variable capacitor by the bandswitch.  On one of my Ten Tec Titans, had
that problem, and the cause was one of those, a 500pf cap that was cracked.

73, Jim K9YC