[Amps] Cracked Chimney

Ron Youvan ka4inm at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Dec 25 18:18:44 PST 2010

>> I have an obviously commercially made 4-1000 chimney that is aluminum,
>> so that could be fashioned.  Shame to imprison a beauty such as a 4-1000.

>> Using a metal chimney might bring some comments out of the woodwork,
>> though, after all the discussion on heat and reflections.  At least it
>> might be easier to fabricate.

>> Remember, I am just reporting - not advocating, although I do plan it
>> use it in my unfinished 4-1000 amp.

   Several commercial cavities that I worked on had a very thin "fiber glass + epoxy" cylinder that
dropped down around the fins, it was a sheet that was glued into a cylinder with a white cement I
was once told it was done with "dental cement." ??? They were 1/32" thick or thinner.
G-10 has been known to support combustion, most of the fiber glass + epoxy that I have found near
high Voltage was made with a white hard glue that looked like white epoxy, but obviously is different.
--
    Ron KA4INM - I'm proud to be Chuck's pop!