[Amps] POTENTIAL BUILDERS

Gary Schafer garyschafer at comcast.net
Mon Feb 1 09:49:42 PST 2010

Charles,
You don't have to make something that looks like it came out of the store in
order to enjoy building it.
I still have an 813 amplifier that I built in the 60's. It is rather ugly
but works. Every few years I get down and make some improvements on it.
Still fun to mess with. It is all built from scrounged parts. Very little
money in it.
The cabinet is made from on old wrap around chassis that had holes in it and
the front panel was a surplus rack panel that had some holes. I used the
holes that I could and plugged the large unused holes in the cabinet with
plates to cover them.
The separate power supply is built in an old BC375 tuning unit cabinet.
Remember those!

Although the subject matter on this list gets kind of carried away at times
it is still a good place for basic questions to be asked. I know that there
are many reading that have questions that don't ask because they think that
they are too basic.
But if no one asks discussions do not get started.

73
Gary  K4FMX