[Amps] RF issue

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 1 13:07:29 PST 2010

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 12:39:35 -0800, "Jim Brown"
<jim at audiosystemsgroup.com> wrote:

>>DO NOT run a ground wire outside to the earth.
>
>WRONG. See above.

REPLY:

Sorry, but I disagree. NO ground wire needs to be run from your rig
outside to a ground rod. It is not required by any code I ever heard
or and it accomplishes nothing good, RF wise.

Do you have to run a separate ground for your refrigerator? Your
washing machine? Your television? No, and neither do you need one for
your radio equipment.

All the safety grounding your rig needs is accomplished by the third
wire in your AC plug, the green one.

If you want to talk about the need for an RF ground, we can get into
that one too.

73, Bill W6WRT