[Amps] QRO Questions

Jim Barber audioguy at charter.net
Fri Feb 5 15:01:24 PST 2010

Many years and several moves ago our next-door neighbor's bedroom
overhead (incandescent) light used to modulate with my QRO 75m SSB signal.

I re-oriented my 75m inverted-vee from N-S to E-W and the problem went
away. The only thing I could think of at the time was that the wiring in
his bedroom must've accidentally been resonant on 75m in order to couple
enough power to flicker a 60W bulb.

He didn't, BTW immediately make the association between my amateur
operations and the flickering bulb. Even after he did, he began the
conversation by asking "do you use that stuff late at night?" -
questions like that. I think he was more than a bit freaked out at the time.

73,
Jim, N7CXI
(Apparent Alien Base Commander)