[Amps] HV relay

Ron Youvan ka4inm at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Feb 6 07:49:10 PST 2010

> I'm changing my 2 X 3-500Z amp to a single GS-35B and in the spec's for the tube itstates that the warm-up time is Aprox~ 2 minute. So instead of using  a power SCR in the mains to
switch on the hV supply ( and probably darn slow to disengage if a fault occurs) I would like to use
a Vac relay - probably close to the Plate choke since I have room in that compartment and a delay
circuit is darn easy to DIY.

   A SCR or triac contactor will quit conducting at the next "zero axis crossing" after being
turned off. (stopped being triggered)  I don't think many vacuum relays can be that fast.
--
    Ron  KA4INM - He who attacks the fundamentals of the American broadcasting industry
                  attacks democracy itself.        -- William S. Paley, chairman of CBS