[Amps] HV relay

Ron Youvan ka4inm at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Feb 7 08:55:44 PST 2010

>> If i don't need a relay for HV control and just for Tx inhibit ...
>> then this - becomes much (much) more easy.
>
> Look at the Alpha 77DX/SX. The HV comes on immediately; only the PTT line is
> inhibited until the timer cycles. As long as the tube is biased to cut-off
> during this time, no problem.

   I'm rebuilding my first HAM amplifier, (a gift from a friend)
but with the Alpha 77DX/SX what happens when there is a tube overload condition,
is there any over current protection?
That is why I am rebuilding my power supply using a solid state "plate supply"
contactor driven by solid state overload logic. (and no antenna no B+)
--
    Ron  KA4INM - He who attacks the fundamentals of the American broadcasting industry
                  attacks democracy itself.        -- William S. Paley, chairman of CBS