[Amps] OT - source of flooded coax?

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Feb 9 10:24:36 PST 2010

On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 01:48:38 -0600, Phil Clements wrote:

>I buy mine by the 1000-foot spool from DX Engineering...great stuff!

Yes. As I recall, it's a Commscope cable they're selling. About five years
ago, I wanted to have RG6 in stock to rewire my home for FM and TV, and
for other general uses. I bought 1,000 ft of a very good RG6 direct from
Commscope for about $110. I never got around to rewiring the house, and
brought that cable to CA with me when I moved here four years ago. It was
quickly pressed into service for my Beverages. :) It's not flooded, but
it's still working after nearly three years.

Allowing for inflation and a reasonable markup, I'd say DXE's price is
quite reasoanble, and Commscope makes great coax. They're a spin-off (more
than a decade ago) from the breakup of one of the major telecoms.

73,

Jim K9YC