[Amps] Design of 2-meter strip lines or parallel lines

Roger sub1 at rogerhalstead.com
Fri Feb 12 01:36:22 PST 2010

I've brought this up before on the Amps reflector, so far I've not come
up with any information.
I'm looking for information (book or software) that doesn't cost a
fortune, for designing a legal limit 2-meter amp with a fair amount of
overhead so it can just loaf along using either one or two tubes in a
strip line or parallel lines.

I've spent hours searching, but most just lead me in a circle.
I know absolutely zip about 1/2 wave and 1/4 wave strip lines and how to
calculate their dimensions.
The same is true of the parallel lines.  How does the construction and
dimensions change with power.
How about a pair of GS-23B Parallel lines, or strip line, or a single
GU-84B/4CX2500, or a pair of GU-74Bs/4CX800's. On HF or even six meters
I can come up with a tank circuit, on two about the only thing I can do
so far is to copy the dimensions of the strip line out of my Henry 2002A
which uses a single 3CX-800.  If I went to a pair of them, or the
4CX-800s how would that affect the dimensions of the strip line, or if I
replaced the one or two 3CX-800's with a pair of GS-23Bs/4CX1600U (IOW
it's a microwave version of the 4CX1600B which was so popular until it
disappeared although I see Alpha has a few of them yet.

At any rate, this is the kind of information I'm looking for. The
problem is being able to find it, or construction articles with a bit of
theory, books, or design softtware that doesn't cost a fortune.

73

Roger (K8RI)