[Amps] TL-922 voltage / bias

Tom Prohigh tomp at prohigh.com
Fri Feb 12 07:34:40 PST 2010

There are 2 tubes in the TL-922.  The grids are DIRECTLY connected to
ground, I removed the caps and chokes and also put in a second ground wire
from VC1.  This eliminated some arcing/parasitics I was having.  The tubes
are original Eimac 3-500Z not 3-500ZG.  The color on the plates is fine, no
color at idle and red/orange at full drive.  I do get about 600-700W out on
CW, but only about 1000 key down on SSB on 20M.  80M is somewhat higher

Tom - AB3FL