[Amps] Tentec Titan 425 with GU74-B????

DF3KV df3kv at t-online.de
Tue Feb 16 03:22:29 PST 2010

Hi Arne,

The Alpha amps were made in Bulgaria at the place which is today known as
ACOM.
All ACOM amps are supplied with GU74b.
I don´t remember what year (late 90)Mike Matthews from New Sensor (Electro
Harmonix) took over Svetlana factories for their audio tube production, but
I don´t believe that 4CX800 tubes have been produced at Svetlana (winged C)
ever.
I wonder if any transmitting tube is made at Svetlana St.Petersburg nowadays
anyway, I guess that factory equipment is now in China.
My guess is that Alpha relabelled  GU74b to 4CX800 and produced a data sheet
to give more confidence to US buyers.
Why would ACOM use old military tubes if new production is available and why
are they using now 4CX250B in their latest amp?

73
Peter