[Amps] 3000/5000

Roger sub1 at rogerhalstead.com
Wed Feb 17 22:30:03 PST 2010

> I had a pair of those arrive on Monday. Tubes, sockets, and chimneys.
>
>> DX-3  was to get a a pair of 1500B's
>> DX-4  was to get a 3 x  1500B's
>>
> That's the information I have except for the DX-4
>
> My information dates 1/13 so you may have more up-to-date information.

I talked with Rudy this evening and he says the DX-4SP still uses a pair
of GU84B's.

Man, that thing is a monster with a separate power supply that has a
total weight of nearly 196#
The RF Deck is the same cabinet that houses the RF Deck and PS for the
DX-2SP and DX-3SP.

Wee bit out of my price range though.  OTOH I may pick up a couple of
the GU84B's and build something. That'd be a great tube for the W6PO
2-meter amp design except the tube sockets alone cost more than many pay
for 3-500Z's<:-)).
  Then again the 3CX and 4CX3000's we've been talking about  could be
set up to run class A and still put out the legal limit.  There I
go...dreaming again.

73

Roger (K8RI)