[Amps] 120 cycle hum from Henry 2K-4

TexasRF at aol.com TexasRF at aol.com
Thu Feb 18 17:34:34 PST 2010

John, every dc power supply has some ripple. If the power supply has a
nominal output of 2500vdc and the ripple voltage is 125 vpp then that would be
5% peak modulation or 3.5% rms. I think this is 20log .035 or 29 dB below
the  carrier in this case.

So, how many dB down do you think your hum level is?

I don't know how to calculate ripple on a Henry type power supply; perhaps
some here knows how or has actually measured one.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 2/18/2010 5:31:28 P.M. Central Standard Time,